What is Locum Tenens ?
What is Locum Tenens – A Definition …
Locum Tenens means “holds in place of” and is used to describe a physician or mid-level provider who substitutes temporarily for another. Many clinics, hospitals and private practices will utilize locum tenens physicians and mid-level providers to solve their staffing challenges.
the locum tenens advantage for clients
What is locum tenens for clients? Call MedCare Staffing to learn more about these benefits:
- An extensive database of credentialed physicians
- An immediate solution to a vacancy while a search is conducted
- Continuity of high quality of care
- Control budget concerns of hiring full time equivalents during peak periods
- Evaluate the physician before offering a permanent position
- Malpractice insurance coverage provided
- Assistance with all candidate travel, living accommodations and licensing details
- A solution for areas where physician supply does not meet the demand
The locum tenens advantage for physicians, nurse practitioners & physician assistants
What is locum tenens for professionals? MedCare Staffing can offer new options in your career:
- A perfect choice for providers who do not wish to work full-time, such as those approaching retirement
- A competitive and often slightly higher compensation package than a permanent position
- A bridge during periods of transition, such as before starting a specialty or after leaving a practice
- An excellent way to begin a career in medicine. Often, it can be just the ticket to evaluate an urban, rural, small group or a hospital-associated practice prior to selecting a permanent practice model
- A chance to concentrate on patient care
- An opportunity to broaden clinical skills, expertise and adaptability
- A method for supplementing income
- An opportunity to experience various geographic locations and practice philosophies
- A flexible schedule, affording more quality time for personal and family experiences
Locum tenens can mean freedom: freedom to choose your own hours, location, responsibilities, and/or pay. Whether you’re semi-retired or just need a change, consider locum tenens work in place of a permanent position. Typically, you would be substituting for a physician in a high need area or government facilities, medical clinics, hospitals and emergency rooms.
MedCare Staffing Knows!
So what is locum tenens? MedCare Staffing knows. Whether you’re an individual looking for a new professional opportunity or a facility requiring professional staff, the professionals at MedCare Staffing can offer you new options and opportunities.
All providers are background screened and credentialed by a Certified Provider Credentialing Specialist using current Joint Commission standards. Only the highest quality providers are placed in our client settings to reduce risk and to help achieve the highest patient satisfaction. What is locum tenens? MedCare Staffing knows!